Minorities, Rice Fields and Local Market Tour
2 Days | Sapa Tours
Sapa - Cat Cat – Y Linh Ho – Lao Chai – Tavan - Bac Ha
$ 72per person
· Enjoy the beautiful landscape with immense rice terraces and mountains
· Learn more about farming techniques used by local people
· Meet and interact with different ethnic minorities including Black Hmong, Giay and Red Dzao to explore their traditional lifestyle
· Soak up in the bustling atmosphere of the colorful Bac Ha Market
· Enjoy a leisurely boat trip along Chay River and a pleasant walk through Tay village.
Sapa - Cat Cat – Y Linh Ho – Lao Chai – Tavan (L)
From your hotel in Sapa, our local guide will meet and take you to Cat Cat village on a beautiful road. Make a stop at a waterfall and a hydroelectric station for a short break and then continue your trek on a dirty trail passing through rice terraces. Do not miss the chance to take in the stunning scenery as you walk along a narrow river. The route will take you to Y Linh Ho village – home to Black Hmong minority. Upon arrival, take a short rest and enjoy lunch nearby the river.
In the afternoon, make your way to the fascinating Muong Hoa Valley. Along the way, you will pass through various hill tribe villages including Lao Chai village and Ta Van village of Giay people. Once arrival in Tavan, transfer back to Sapa by car.
Approx: 0,5 hour driving / 5 hours walking / 1 hour lunch.
Sapa - Bac Ha Market (L) (Sundays only)
Today, our guide and driver will meet you at your hotel and then take you to Bac Ha Town. The journey from Lao Cai to Bao Nhai Bridge is quite smooth with a flat road. Cross the bridge and then set off your adventure up to Bac Ha which is famous for the bustling market taking place every Sunday. The market is the meeting point of different minorities around the region to sell and buy their products.
Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, drive towards Lao Cai. En–route, make a stop for a short walk to Trung Do village of Tay minority. The villages of Tay people are located at the foot of a mountain or along a stream with the namesake of a mountain, a field or a river. Most of the houses in the villages are on stilt. Pay a visit to a traditional Tay house for a short rest with a cup of tea followed by a cruise along the Chay River. Take in the charming scenery on the riversides. Upon arrival at Bao Nhai Bridge, disembark the boat and meet your vehicle for a transfer back to Lao Cai. End of tour.
Approx: 5 hours driving/ 30 mins boat cruise/ 1-hour walking/ 1-hour lunch
- In case the level of water is not able to take a boat trip, you can change to take a buffalo cart in Trung Do village instead.
- Alternative itinerary with other local markets will be applied in case the travel date is not right on Sunday.
|Pax||1||2||3||4||5||6||More than 6|
|More than 6||Contact Us|
- English speaking guide
- All needed transport
- Water, snack and fruit
- Entrance fees
- Lunch as mentioned
- Boat on Chay River
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Hotel in Sapa
- Personal expenses
- Soft drink (beer, coca cola…)
- Gratuities for guide and driver
- All other services not indicated above
Thank you for your interest in Minorities, Rice Fields and Local Market Tour. Please fill in your details below and we will contact you by phone or email within 24 hours.
SEND US A MESSAGE
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
7 Days | Sapa Tours
Hanoi - Lao Chai – Ta Van – Giang Ta Chai village - Thanh Kim – Thanh Phu - Hanoi
3 Days | Sapa Tours
Sapa – Tram Ton – Fansipan - Sin Chai - Sapa
6 Days | Sapa Tours
Sapa - Cat Cat - Y Linh Ho – Tavan - Seomity - Den Thang - Ta Trung Ho - Nam Toong – My Son – Thanh Phu - Nam Cum – Sin Chai - Thanh Phu – Ban Ho – Sapa